Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My life is a Festivus


I’ve realized: my life is kind of a “FESTIVUS” in itself… including ‘Feats of Strength’ and ‘Airing of Grievances’ on a - pretty much - daily basis.
 
It’s been awhile since my last post, life got in the way. Since then – I’ve been keepin’ on with, well… keepin’ on. More CrossFit, less work – which, in my book is always a good thing. Yes, I am obsessed. Sorry if my being obsessed in making myself awesome annoys you. I’ve come to realize that I piss a lot of people off, only talking about fitness and this awesome new lifestyle I discovered earlier this year. But, it is my life and my choices. I always hope to better myself – in what ever way that may be.

Infact, lately I have been throwing around the idea of becoming Level I Certified. Not sure if I would want to be a trainer immediately… but I’d like to have that card in my back pocket atleast… I have my eye on a certification in Ohio @ ROGUE – can’t go wrong there. Ideally, I would also like to then become CrossFit Kids certified… so when my girls are ready, we can get to training ;) We will see where that goes…

Recently, I ran across an Event I am going to sign up for… in wake of the CrossFit 2012 Games, I’ve been looking for a similar Garage Games type competition for the less insane CrossFit athlete…(me!). I came across the FESTIVUS GAMES. “A festivus for the rest of us”, if you will… umm, yes please! The event takes place throughout several satellite locations in the US, with the closest being Davenport, Iowa in August. 3 WODS on a Crazy Saturday… tune back in to see how that goes.

Also, this weekend at my gym, we’re starting a PALEO Challenge. ASRX 6 weeks… scalable to 30 days. I am shooting for the 6 weeks, myself. I am vowing to kick the disgusting diet I currently have and replace it with one that works FOR (instead of against) my body. I am ready to see the crazy results that come with this way of eating and CrossFitting. Again, tune in for updates. 



Until then… I will keep on living my own Festivus… and being awesome, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment