Tuesday, December 13, 2011

you dont get it...

Most of the people that know me, know that I am pretty passionate about fitness. I enjoy working out, competing in races (running & triathlons), and seeing my body transform into something I never thought it could be. Sometimes, I may make it look easy, but it's nothing close.

The old me would go mess around at the gym for a few hours a week, and I was happy with my looks and how I felt. I ate whatever, did whatever. Didn't really see any differences in my body, but as long as I was "maintaining", it was all good. Like a lot of people, when you don't see any results, I thought "what's the point?" "Why am I wasting my time"... So, then I fell off - fitness wise. After having my second child, and being nearly 200 pounds at the hospital checking in, that was it. I had been called out. I was not meant to be 200 lbs. Given, I was 10 months pregnant, but still - that was NO EXCUSE.

As soon as I got the thumbs up to resume working out (post baby) in October of 2010, it was ON. Fitness wasn't an option, it was a PRIORITY. I dedicated myself and became super active. I was doing 2-3 work outs per day, most days. I was eating right and feeling good. After a couple of months, it just sort of hit me, BAM. Where did this new body come from? I went from seeing no changes, to this whole new body. My clothes were falling off, I was amazed. In the past, I never stuck with it long enough to see any change in myself.

I am now, so passionate about it, that I want to help others. I want them to see that sticking with it pays off. It may look easy, but it's hard. It doesn't come easy. The easy part is already done when people decide they want to get in to shape - the easy part was all of the bad habits that got you where you're at, and no longer want to be. The hard part starts when you make the CHOICE to change. Not only physically, but mentally. You have to change your way of thinking, or it will never work. I came across this photo, and it describes the process perfectly. If you want something - PROVE IT by EARNING IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment