Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm a BETTY :)

As many of you know, I am a triathlete. I have searched each year for an awesome "different" tri jersey, as I was tired of matching other racers at events. This year it is even more important, as I am rocking a 1/2 IM in Benton Harbor this summer.

There have been a couple companies that have impressed me, and today I found yet another.Featured in the monthly column "CHICKED" in Lava Magazine, the company BETTY DESIGNS is profiled and critiqued.


Photo courtesy of Bettydesigns.com


Run by triathlete Kristin Mayer, Betty Designs strives to be the company selling race apparel that sticks out from the norm. She writes that her apparel isn't for EVERYONE... but that's the point. Her skull and butterfly design captures the bad ass in the girly girl. Not only does she sell tri suits, cycling clothing, tees and tanks, she also sells hats, water bottles and a line of specially branded Kestrel bikes. Pretty amazing stuff she's done.

I am always up to support women-run businesses. I find it especially awesome knowing she is a triathlete as well and knows what you need in a tri top - performance wise. Her clothing wasn't the only thing that stuck out in my mind, so did her mantra.


You can order her items or read more about her designs by visiting her website www.bettydesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment